Thursday 19 March 2015

2 month update

I truly cannot believe our beautiful baby girl is 2 months old, ok it is  a couple of days early as she officially turns 2 months on the 22/03/15 but seriously.. could time slow down a bit? I keep thinking back to the day we brought her home and just how nervous Tom and I were. We got sent home from the hospital at 8pm on the 23rd January and didn't have anything ready! No bottles sterilised, her crib wasn't made up and only a few of her bits were washed. I planned on having everything ready to go once I reached 39/40 weeks because I was convinced I would go overdue. Here we are 2 months later, and I've got to say.. we are doing a pretty good job!



Height/Weight: I don't actually know her current length or weight as we haven't had her checked since her 6 week appointment and we are not due to go to the health clinic for another week but she weighed a very healthy 9 pounds 12 ounces (Her birth weight was 6 pounds 12 ounces) and her length was 55.6cm.


Routine: Isla is not currently in an established routine yet, we try and keep the days as structured as possible but I like to follow her lead and I  guess we are starting to fall into a loose 'routine naturally'.Isla is currently feeding every 3 hours and drinking 4 ounces and usually has an hour nap after most feeds, but as I said there isn't any set timings for those yet! The only real definite thing we have every day is a bedtime routine, Isla has a bath at 6pm and I then get her ready for bed in our room (where she sleeps in her crib) with the lights dimmed and some calming music playing, I will give her a 5 ounce feed once she's in her PJS and settle her around 7  and she tends to sleep  through till 11/12 for her next feed (That's on a good night, sometimes she's up long before that, or in and out of sleep)
Sleeping: Very hit and miss at the moment, someone told me that when a baby sleeps 5 hours at night without waking up its classed as 'sleeping through the night' I don't know what world the person who made that up lives in but I class sleeping through the night to be a lot longer than that! Sometimes she goes 7pm till 12am then till 6am and other times she is up at 10pm and 3am. It really just depends on how she is feeling! I don't really mind because I really love our late night cuddles in the lounge usually catching up on some TOWIE , she usually gazes up at me with her lovely eyes and its moments like that which you can never get back.


Sizes: Isla is out of her newborn and first size stuff (*SOBS*) and its all in the process of being packed away (*SOBS* some more) and is mostly fitting into her 0-3 stuff! Minus a few bits that are still to big. Baby sizes are ridiculous and in one shop 0-3 is tiny and in others it is huge. I keep buying her so many beautiful bits, she is one spoilt little girl! 

Milestones


  • Isla has started to give us big beautiful gummy smiles
  • She is cooing and gurgling, it makes me feel like she's chatting back to me.
  • She is starting to hold her head up for short periods of times, still wobbles around a bit like a nodding dog.
  • And she is also really enjoying her play mat now, she is starting to concentrate on the hanging objects and flashing lights and sometimes even smiles when looking at it! We have the Fisher Price Jungle themed one and I think she really enjoys the beautiful bright colours!
 
Overall I think I can safely say on my behalf as well as Toms that Isla has completely turned our lives perfectly upside down and inside out. I don't think any amount of reading and researching in pregnancy can truly prepare you for the day you bring your baby home and the best piece of advice I was given by my brothers partner (Thank you Katy) was to 'Just go with it'; which is 100 percent what we are doing and I think if Isla could speak she would agree. We love her more than words could describe even when she is screaming her head of for a bottle at 3am and I have just stubbed my toe on the side of the bed because I cant find the light switch.


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Isla seems like she's doing great :). I can't believe 5 hours is classed as a full nights sleep... "OOo I got my 5 hours sleep last night I feel fresh as a daisy!" Haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5 hours to me is a catnap haha! She's slept from 7 and not woke yet, if she makes it to 12 I wouldn't count that as a full nights sleep at all haha x

      Delete