Tuesday 31 March 2015

The Holy Grails...

Today I thought I would do a quick post on two items that pretty much kept me sane during the first few weeks after giving birth to Isla and even now 2 months on...

The Sleepyhead

Sleep is a basic human right, a human right that gets taken away from you when you have a new born. Unfortunately Isla was a nightmare the first few days at home when it was time to go bed and just could not seem to settle in her crib. I think we made a mistake getting a crib and should of gone for a mosses basket as she just looked lost in there. We tried swaddling, we tried warming the mattress with a hot water bottle and we even tried snuggling her in with a couple of towels rolled up either side. After numerous google searches 'HOW CAN I GET MY CHILD TO SLEEP BEFORE I TURN INTO A ZOMBIE' we stumbled across an absolute life changer.. THE SLEEPYHEAD. The Sleepyhead is basically a snuggly cocoon that fits into the crib to make bed time a bit of happier. The Sleepyhead can also be used for co sleeping, tummy time, in a travel cot and is also a brilliant way to help the transition from a crib to a cot.The Sleepyhead deluxe can be used from 0-8 months but costs a pretty pricey £99. I can honestly say it is worth every penny as after all a goodnight sleep is truly priceless.

Here is a picture of Isla trying it out for the first time!


The Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Machine

 I had heard a lot about these magical machines but Tom and I agreed not to buy one as we thought maybe people would think we were being lazy (now I look back and think how stupid was I for even caring what they thought) My brother and his partner ended up buying us this for our baby shower gift and I honestly cant thank them enough. This machine is the 8th wonder of the world at 3am in the morning when you have just walked into the side of the bed and stubbed your toe and can barley see straight past the daze and confusion. The machine is really simple and it makes a fresh bottle at the perfect temperature in less than two minutes. It truly is the easiest machine I have ever used, all you have to do is press a button! I have seen them range from £60-£90 in price depending on where you shop so its worth looking around to find the best deal. Thank you Tommee Tippee for making 3am a little more bareable.







There are many other things that we've bought or got as gifts from friends/family that have helped us out but these two are the first that pop to mind every time someone asks us what we couldn't live without.

Do you have anything you couldn't live without? What products made the first few weeks and months with your baby a little bit easier?



2 comments:

  1. Great post and I wholeheartedly agree that both of these are essential, they might be on the expensive side but are SO worth it! Our little one has now moved onto the Sleepyhead Grand which is also amazing. These things weren't available when we had our first two children so I'm enjoying the luxury of an easier life this time around :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you reccomend the grand!? I looked at the price when I wrote this and nearly fell out my seat haha! Xx

    ReplyDelete