Wednesday 3 June 2015

A Whirlwind of a week.




So last Tuesday I received a very exciting phone call from Siobhan Freegard the founder of Channel Mum asking if I would like to appear on ITV's This morning! At Channel Mum we had all been working on a top secret campaign on the pressures of breastfeeding #bressure. We made videos on our individual experiences with both Breast and Bottle feeding and our aim was to let every mum out there who feels pressured one way or the other that whatever way you choose to feed you baby, ITS OK!  The whole campaign received a pretty amazing response from being mentioned on the News, Loose women and This Morning. The main video has now been watched over 50,000 times! (WOW) you can find it over on the Channel Mum You Tube page.

On the Thursday morning I appeared on This Morning with a lady called Emma Taylor and we discussed with Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakly our personal views on baby feeding. It was pretty surreal experience and I could of spoke for the entire program! I had to cramp my never ending views into a 10 minute segment. My whole view on breast and bottle feeding is that instead of criticizing one another that, as mothers, we should support eachother! Motherhood is a pretty scary thing and I constantly question myself and wonder if I'm doing the right thing, I wouldn't be human if I didn't! There is a lot of negativity surrounding both ways of feeding from arguments about the #brelfie to mothers getting publicly abused over bottle feeding. I think all of us at Channel Mum have had such a positive effect on the views on breast/bottle and I hope we helped other mothers out their who feel guilty, worried or upset about their experience to feel more positive.

Alongside that amazing day, my baby girl turned 4 MONTHS! I still don't believe it.. I feel like I blinked and the past 4 months have passed me by. Isla is at such a wonderful age, she is starting to explore things like her play mat and different toys, is giggling and has such a beautiful personality coming through. I have to admit I am loving the fact she isn't mobile yet either haha. It has been a couple of months now since Tom and I separated and I am feeling a lot more positive about the situation. I feel like myself again, and we are getting on much better than when we were together, which in the long run is the best thing for Isla. I am starting to really struggle being away from her when she is with him, maybe a little bit of jealousy that I'm not with her. I hate not giving her bedtime bath, her last bottle and telling her I love her before she drifts of to sleep. I try and keep myself as busy as I possibly can and not think about it too much or ill eat myself into an ice cream coma whilst watching videos of her on replay. I hope it gets easier being away from her, but I just don't see it happening.

did you see the #bressure campaign? or did you catch me on This Morning?
Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Laura xox

No comments:

Post a Comment